Sunday, April 21, 2013

Farewell for now...

Yesterday we said good-bye to our Harley.
It was a bitter sweet day for all of us. 
Eric and I bought our bike about 3 years ago.
It was our fun and something we loved to do
before our little buddy came into the world.
Unfortunately over the last couple of years,
the Harley spent much more time
in the garage collecting dust then it did getting rode.
Instead of letting it collect dust any longer
we decided to sell it to someone that could
take advantage and ride!
We found the Harley a great new owner
that will take great care of it. 
 It was quite sad to see it drive away...
I think Cohen was the saddest of all of us.
He has always loved that bike!
He cried and cried and said things like
"Don't let him take my daddy's bike." 
 He got to sit on the bike one last time before
we sent it on its way with the new owner.
Going back a couple years I found a picture
of our chunky monkey in the saddle bags of the bike.
Cute!
My favorite...when Cohen was about one he
always called the motorcycle a "mone-moat."
A memory I will have forever with this bike.
 
We will definitely miss the bike!
But someday we will have a bike again
when we have more time to ride.
 


No comments: