Cohen John Chap made his arrival into the world
on November 16th, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.
Cohen weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.
It was love at first sight for Eric and I!
He is absolutely perfect!
...
On Monday afternoon we checked into the hospital to be induced.
We began pitocin at 4 pm and they broke my water at about 5.
From there the progress was quite slow.
At about midnight I was dilated to 4 cm
and decided to get the epideral so I could get some rest.
I was able to get some rest but had nurses coming in and out
through the night making it a bit hard to sleep.
After next to no progress overnight (only at 5 cm),
it was time to make a decision...
An attempt to turn his little head
to help him move down or a c-section.
The Dr. successfully was able to move his head
a bit which made things move much faster!
In an hour I went from 5 cm to 8 cm.
15 minutes later I was to 9 1/2 cm.
Time to get this baby out...
About an hour later our little guy arrived!
Overall the labor was slow but not too awfully bad.
I feel very lucky that it went as well as it did.
Mommy, Daddy, and Cohen
Getting ready to go home from the hospital!

Cohen's 1st ride in a car...all snuggled up!

Daddy and Cohen getting some rest

Mommy and Cohen getting ready for his 1st Dr. appt.

Drying off after his 1st bath

Sleeping soundly in his little lamb seat
He has the cutest little lamb squeak of a cry.
He cries rarely...
when he wants his diaper changed or if he is hungry.
He is very content and laid back.
He has been a champ at breastfeeding!
....
We couldn't ask for anything more perfect!
We are so in love and enjoying every second of being parents!
What an amazing gift!


1 comment:
It sounds like things are perfect! I am so happy for your family! I can't wait to meet him. We'll be over sometime soon! We have to get rid of all our sicknesses first!
Take care,
Jess and family
Post a Comment